Yesterday, a friend gently nudged my weary soul with an idea.
I had just finished telling her that this is my favorite time of year, but due to the nature of my job, I don’t get to pause and snuggle into the season like I used to.
She understood, and said again, “Just one thing. Look for or even at one thing, and intentionally enjoy it.”
I think she’s on to something here, so I’m going to listen to her and give this a try.
For the remainder of December, I’m going to choose to see and enjoy. Want to join me? If you’re with me, let me know in the comments below.
This time of year is busy, it won’t be easy, but we can do this. Remember, we are going to have to choose this.
Here is the focus for each day:
- Write down one thing you’re thankful for
- Choose to remember something good that’s happened
- Sing or listen to one song and let your heart truly hear the words. What did you hear?
So here’s my today:
- Thank you God for giving me rest and sleep last night
- I am remembering how this week, through friends, you brought us a little closer to maybe being able to get a car that runs
- I’m smiling because I’m still in my pajamas reading my Bible, drinking coffee, and eating pastries.
- I listened to Out of Hiding, by Steffany Gretzinger. I heard and was reminded that You God hold my peace and how much I’m running to you today.
Your turn friends…count them.
I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, Oh Most High.